Menu

West Chop Club Casino, Tisbury, Mass.

The two-story casino building was constructed in 1889, one of four principal buildings that comprise the West Chop Club on Martha’s Vineyard. It is the de facto heart of the club, and over the course of generations it has fulfilled a variety of needs. It houses a large meeting hall used for lectures, Sunday services, weddings and other functions beneath the prodigious gambrel roof that is its dominant feature. Structural issues and the demand for greater utility resulted in a renovation effort a decade ago that included rebuilding the foundation, excavating a full basement, expansion of a secondary wing, code-related upgrades and a new covered porch, all while remaining true to the structure’s historical character and 19th-century aesthetic in order to preserve the uniformity of all the buildings across the club campus.
Builder, Holmes Hole Builders, llc
Photography, Peter Vanderwarker
‚ÄčLandscape Architect, Horiuchi & Solien Landscape Architects